Saturday, September 5, 2009

Senior Session and Homecoming Weekend!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

I'm busy working all weekend and thought I'd do a quick post to update everyone on what we've been doing. This weekend we're running back and forth between Pikeville & Delbarton.

This morning I did a senior session with Vikki Burke and we had lots of fun. She brought her very cute pup, Ollie with her for some of the shots and I'm very excited to get started working on them all within the next few days.
Here is one of my quick favorites of Vikki! Look at those beautiful eyes!


Every year the town of Delbarton hosts their Homecoming events during Labor Day weekend and we've had a blast working down there! I was asked to be one of the photographers that captures the memories of this years Homecoming and it's been so much fun. Last night we photographed the towns talent contest and as it started getting dark the Van Dells took the stage. Everyone seemed to really enjoy their concert. Saturday (today) The Great Lakes Timber Show had 4 showings. The long rolling event was hillarious and I loved watching the kids get soaking wet! lol (I got a little too close to the fun and got soaked myself!) The kids seemed to have a great time at the inflatables and the kid run. I think they enjoyed getting their trophies. The car show was awesome. There has also been a pet show, a beauty pageant, a quilt show, etc to already take place! Later today there will be a parade and I'm excited about the fireworks show tongiht as well! Sunday also has some fun in store! Overall, it's a great weekend for this area and the energy that radiates from it for these three days is encouraging for such a small town.

Here is a photo from a segment of The Great Lakes Timber Show!



Look for more pictures from both events to come very soon!

1 comment:

  1. have a date yet for 2012 homecoming in Delbarton?

    ReplyDelete